SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My First Pair Of Jimmy Choo + My Designer Shoes & Net-a-Porter Experience

Daydreaming is one of my favorite things to do. I often daydream about having a closet filled with many pairs of Louboutins, Jimmy Choo and other designer shoes. I am sure 90% of girls dreamed of having a pair of red bottoms like I do. Sadly Louboutins are so expensive that it's not worth my money if I have to starve myself for one month straight.

I come from a family that is not rich and not poor either, we can afford food, clothes and many other things; but sometimes when I am out shopping, I always have to think twice before buying a piece of clothing or makeup, I have to ask myself if this is what I really need?! to avoid wasting money.

I have been eyeing up this pair of Jimmy Choo for the longest time. I remember going back and forth and asking myself these: "is it worth it?", "should I get it?", "oh my god maybe I shouldn't, it's way too expensive for me", "but I really want it, can I just treat myself to an expensive pair of shoes for once?" and many more question marks. I have been working hard, saving loads (without starving myself) and I finally decided that I should make my own dream come true and treat myself to a pair of designer shoes.

On March 9th, I placed an order on a pair of Jimmy Choo Amelia Patent-Leather Pumps on Net-A-Porter. I have been eyeing that up for so long because I wanted a pair of kitten heels suitable for everyday wear in an office (I work in a law firm) and plus that pair of shoes was the cheapest out of the whole Jimmy Choo range, I just had to have it. I bought it for £289.90 and free shipping ($551.79NZD). Delivery was so fast I think it took about a week to get to New Zealand and they have provided me a very reliable tracking number.

When I received the shoes, I died a little. I was so overwhelmed I cried. I couldn't believe it, I finally own a pair of designer shoes like oh my god! The shoes were packaged very well and pretty, it came in a brown box, inside is obviously my Jimmy Choo shoes box and they used layers and layers of black papers to protect the shoe box.


I bought a size ITALY35.5 which fit me perfectly. In the first two weeks of wearing them, they hurt my feet so badly, I remember going through so many packets of band-aids but it was worth it cause I had so many compliments, everyone loves them! Probably cause it's Jimmy Choo ~

I last wore this to a colleagues' wedding and it broke after I came home :( At the time I had it for less than a month, I was so disappointed! I think it broke while I was walking out of the church and the rubber thing on the bottom came off.


I contacted Net-A-Porter's customer service on April 7th with the above picture attached, I told them I have only had the shoes for a little over 3 weeks and they broke and I was sad. Net-A-Porter replied my email within 12 hours and helped me to solve my problem, they have asked me to send the shoes back with their free return post and they will fix the shoes for me at no cost.

On April 25th, Net-A-Porter sent me an email to confirm they have received my shoes. I was glad cause I was worried that they may just ignore my request. After waiting for what feels like months, no really it was nearly 3 weeks of no email confirmations I emailed them and again and they replied on May 13th and said they know I am concern about my shoes being fix but they will let me know as soon as they have some information. Okay so I was already impressed with their customer service, I waited for another month and asked them for some update, they replied my email on June 12th and said they have already sent my damaged pair of shoes to the vendor to get it fix. Okay so even thou it takes a long time to get them fix etc, Net-A-Poter replies your emails and gives you updated to make sure you're not thinking, worrying too much. And again I waited for another month, asked them for more updates, they replied on July 15th and said the shoes are on the way back and they have asked me to confirm my address.

On July 29th I finally got my shoes back. It took Over 3 months to get my shoes fixed, at least I got them back and I am very happy with their customer service and everything. When I received the shoes on Monday, they came packed very pretty again, so I am very happy :)

People always asks me why don't I just buy it in the shop?! Saves all the time wasting, writing emails and worrying about nothing. I wish ~~ We don't have a Jimmy Choo store in New Zealand, or at least not I know of. I think we have Jimmy Choo in duty free stores but the prices there is nothing compare to Net-A-Porter when it's on sale.

I reckon this is a very good designer shopping experience for me. I remember telling a friend that I can't believe my Jimmy Choo broke within a month and he told me designer shoes are just like any other shoes, they are expensive on the brands and they break like normal shoes does. Well ~ not really *shakes head*, I bought this pair of ankle straps heels from ASOS for only $80.00 NZD and I have been wearing it to work every single day for 2 months straight, it hadn't broke on me and still very comfortable! This is an amazing experience but I may have to think twice before spending that much money on a pair of designer shoes from now on. I do still want a Miu Miu bag, maybe the bag won't break on me easily ;)





Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.