SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 5, 2014

Lime Crime Velvetines ✖ Salem ✖ Review + Swatches

I am SO happy, I have to share this good news with you guys! I have finally ordered the new Lime Crime Velvetines in Cashmere yesterday and I am so excited, I can't wait for my parcel to arrive. It's like, FINALLY! They have come up with a Velvetines that is suitable for everyday wear in an office environment. 

*squeal in excitement*

Today I am writing a brief review of Lime Crime Velvetines in Salem. We are so over winter in New Zealand, but I still very enjoy the whole dark lips look. ^^ & plus, Salem is one of the most raved about Velvetines shades and it is also the only Velvetines that I have enjoyed wearing so far. 

Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem
Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem
Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem


Lime Crime Velvetines is described as a lip product that goes on liquid and dries completely matte; Lime Crime claims the Velvetines are touch-proof, transfer-proof, non-drying, long-wearing and does not leave stains.

Pfft ~ Almost all Lime Crime products I have tried in the past stains like a %$@*# and so far I haven't tried a liquid lipstick that is non-drying. Lime Crime may have exaggerated a bit about the non-stains and non-drying, all other long-wearing and touch-proof claims are very accurate, and the formula is actually very impressive.

Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem

Salem is described as a Matte Chocolate Brown, to me it's more of a creamy, rich dark chocolate shade. 

I knew a couple of people weren't feeling the color of Salem, because it's brown and no one likes brown lipstick shades these days; but I must be the weird one as this was the only color that appeal to me the most when I did a Lime Crime order. 

Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem

Lime Crime Salem has a good color payoff and it has an amazing coverage! The product first applies very liquidy then it dries to completely matte, I struggle to apply this perfectly for the first couple of times trying, the liquid sets very fast and if applies too much it goes all sticky and uneven.

I find that once you have practice the application enough, Salem would apply very easy and smoothly; and the most impressive thing is that this is really long-wearing and it is touch-proof! I could relax and have a big munch of a massive sandwich without having the liquid lipstick transfer to my food.

Not sure if all Velvetines smells the same, but Salem has this childhood smell, a very sweet, milky candy bar scent. Every time I wear Salem, I just couldn't stop sniffing LOL and that sounds super awkward haha! Salem stains a little bit when worn too long, if I was just swatching the color on my lips for a couple of minute, then it's okay. The stain could be removed with waterproof makeup removing oil.

Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem Swatch
Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem

imageOVERALL RATINGimage
PACKAGING     
fussy, transparent tube that allows you to see how much product is left
APPLICATION:    
if applies too much it goes uneven and sticky
SCENT:      
reminds me of a childhood milky candy bar scent
FORMULA:     
at first very liquidy then it dries very matte
touch-proof / transfer-proof / kiss-proof / can relax and eat a big fat sandwich
drying but it's not extreme
COLOR:      
love that Gothic creamy dark chocolate color
the perfect dark lips color without being too harsh
yes I'm talking to you Black Velvet
LONGEVITY:      
very impressive wearing time
the most I have worn is 10 hours!

OVERALL: 4.5/5

Lime Crime Velvetines - Salem ft. Sunny

imageOVERALL THOUGHTSimage
When I first tried the Pink Velvetines, I dislike how watery the formula was so their first impression wasn't very good. As soon as I have tried it I was like, nahh ~ not my kind of thing! Obviously, I was too quick to judge and too quick to reject.

Later on I have decided to give the Velvetines another go, if the world is obsess with it, why can't I just try it again? Maybe this time I would fall in love with the Velvetines! Oh and I did, I fell hard! If dark chocolate lipstick shades are acceptable in a law firm environment, I would definitely wear this to work!

The thing I love the most about Lime Crime Salem is the scent! It has that yummy milky bar candies that I used to love so much as a kid and I love that it is transfer proof, there is no worries when eating and drinking while wearing Salem, hmmm this is probably the first and only lip product I have tried that doesn't makes me worry so much while wearing, it doesn't smudge, no touch-up needed during the day and it is very long-wearing.

Overall, Salem is a Kay approved product ;) I am slowly changing my opinions on the Velvetines and I look forward to trying more and reviewing all other shades. ^^

Which of the Lime Crime Velvetines shades is your favourite?


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi6EtrxpdQ4aZ7emfYLjPRfq6FFoycZv3e0inaEvFCrddAHpMKMUoSxA_CE0gBu-VqiHOOvhP05wWlqG84IqcPveD9h7oLfJqzB0UjMBAkgHLznY1XZ3JXxF4MT9T-dlFLALsUxLnBZz3U/s1600/11+copy.png

31 comments :

  1. Glad to hear it wears very well! I was just searching up photos of this shade and on most girls with pale or very light lips it shows up straight chocolate brown! In your photos it appears to be more orangey and bright which looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you have mentioned, it does look kinda orangey :p

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. hehehe it's like pretty from the dark side, right?! x

      Delete
  3. I do not own a single LCV lippie and I am feeling so sad now.. I need one for x'mas! :D :D Hope hubby dear is listening.. ;) The color is stunning on you.. beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o:o tell your hubby to hurry and buy you a bunch!

      Delete
  4. oh i looove this one!!! it has been on my wishlist for so long!! maybe one day I'll splunge :)
    xo
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please review it once you have try, would love to know your opinions on it!

      Delete
  5. such a gorgeous shade it is ... would love to try

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh one brand I really want to try more of is Lime Crime. When I was at IMATS London this year I picked up 2 lipsticks and a Velvetine. The Velvetine is in this gorgeous coral shade which is called 'Suedeberry'. I wore it on a night out and it did not budge...I didn't even have to touch up! I was so impressed :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's impressive! I am really looking forward to Cashmere :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, what a shade this is, again it looks amazing on you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lime crime I only have one lipstick, this shade looks great on you.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the color is definitely something you don't see that often anymore! I really love that it's matte since it grabs your attention immediately. I see reviews about Lime Crime products all the time but still haven't had a chance to try anything for myself. I'm definitely interested though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def try it out Dolly ^^ I didn't like how runny at first, nor did I enjoy the stains from their lipsticks. but there's just something about Lime Crime, I always end up falling for their products ♥

      Delete
  10. I still haven't tried any of their products, but it does look nice on you! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks brown to me (I am colour blind) but it still looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This wouldn't be my kind of shade and it does look really drying but it's good that it's not too extreme but a 10 hour lasting power is amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not a shade I'd have picked but looks so good on you ! I know people love the velvetines but I've never tried them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the color looks great!! Really beautiful :) And your dog is such a cutie!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This doesn't look like my kind of shade but the formula sounds amazing, it looks so smooth on your lips!!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.