SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Birchbox May ♡ Unboxing + First Impression

May's Birchbox arrived super late, and at first glance, it seemed to be such a disappointment, I have received products that I wish I would never get in a beauty subscription box, for example: self tanning lotions and hair products; but I end up really enjoying the items received when I actually had a chance to use them.

Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing
Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing
Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing

DAVINES LOVE Smoothing Shampoo
Full Sized, USD $25.00 

Davine LOVE Smoothing Shampoo is specially formulated to tame frizzed-out and tangle-prone hair. It is enriched with olive oil and rice protein and it is claimed to leave hair stronger, softer and silky-smooth.

I have naturally straight, smooth and shiny hair, apart from my long hair sometimes weight down and makes it looks zero-volume-ness, my hair is actually in perfect condition right now. I tried the Davine LOVE Shampoo even though it's not designed for my non-frizz hair and while washing my hair I felt like my hair was so squeaky clean as if washing your body with soaps. The shampoo has an overpowering flora scent that I can hardly stand and the morning after my hair was all tangled up, it was harder to brush through than normal.

Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing

DAVINES LOVE Smoothing Conditioners
Full Sized, USD $29.00 

Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioners is a specialized smoothing conditioner that calms frizz and loosens tangles, it has a creamy consistency and it claims to be one of those products you apply before rushing out the door.

The Davines LOVE Conditioners is like the better half of the shampoo, it is so smooth and moisturizing, it makes my hair looks so straight and flow-y and it feels so soft when I run my hands through. The conditioner also has that very strong flora scent that I cannot stand, and when using with the shampoo, I woke up the next morning with my hair all tangled!

I can't imagine it being "a product you apply before rushing out the door" as this conditioner requires you to wash your hair thoroughly after application and if having to wash my hair in the morning, I would be totally to work!

Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing

MODELCO Lip Lacquer "Morocco" 
Full Sized Trio, USD $16.00 

ModelCo Lip Lacquer is a long-lasting gloss that provides a rich, very pigmented color and major shine in just one swipe. It is described as a non-sticky, moisturizing formula that delivers a totally fuss-free wear. The trio includes three colors in Brulee, Mororcco and Vita, I believe the trio are all mini sized as the one I have received and I have the color Mororcco, it's a pink-ish brown shade that is totally on trend right now.

Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing

SUPERGOOP! Everyday SPF 50 With Cellular Response Technology
Full Sized, USD $48.00 

Supergoop! Everyday SPF 50 with Cellular Response Technology is a lightweight sunscreen that provides water resistant, SPF 50 + protection anywhere you need it. It is rich in antioxidants that will repair and nourish skin while blocking UV rays to prevent further damage. The oil-free formula instantly absorbs into skin for breathable, non-greasy protection making it ideal for daily wear.

It is winter in New Zealand at the moment, but the sun is always strong here, it doesn't matter what season we are in. I am not too much of a sunscreen wearer unless if I go out on a day where I would be fully exposed to the sun. I dislike that sunscreens are always so greasy and oily and they always smells so weird. Although I haven't tried the Supergoop yet, I think it could be a good one to try out on a next day-out trip. If it is as the description says, non-greasy, oily-free and can protect my skin, I cannot wait to try.

Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing

VITA LIBERATA Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Lotion
Full Sized, USD $30.00 

Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Lotion is a nourishing, hydrating, untinted lotion that first applies clear, then develops color over 48 hours. This self tanner lotion claims to create a gorgeous sun-kissed glow that hydrates, nourishes and conditions your skin with certified organic ingredients.

My most dislike items to be received in a subscription box, but I am willing to give this a try because it sounds amazing. Would love to see the process of the color develops from clear to a sun-kissed glow as it claims. Hmmm is it weird to self tan in winter? Heheh.

Birchbox May 2016 Unboxing

W3LL PEOPLE Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer "Light"
Full Sized, USD $22.50 

W3ll People Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer is an ultralight, full coverage concealer that blends easily while hiding imperfections and providing a bright look. It is described as a "correcting while covering" concealer that will depuff, brighten and smooth skin.

I have been loving this concealer and it's my favourite item received in the May Birchbox. It has a mousse-y texture that is so lightweight and blends beautifully. The concealer has a weight 'concealer' scent and it creased after long hours of wearing, but I still really enjoyed using it as the concealers covers my imperfections such un-even skin tones, red marks and at the same time it brightens up my under eye area.


have you tried any of the products mentioned?
did you received similar items in your May Birchbox?

2 comments :

  1. I love pinky brown lip colors, so I would probably like that. Gosh, the shampoo & conditioner sound horrid Kay. LOL I'm glad a few products worked out for you. That's why I don't get subscription boxes. They're so hit or miss.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about subscription boxes Kim, but at the same time when seeing amazing promotions, I always feel like I am missing out on something!

      Delete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.