SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, September 16, 2018

COLOURPOP Haul ♡ Jelly Much Shadow, Lux Lipsticks, EXO Super Shock Shadow, No Filter Range + More!


Earlier this week, I posted a ColourPop unboxing to my Instagram stories and a few of you were curious of what I have purchased, so today I am sharing with you my latest ColourPop haul.

ColourPop recently had a 25% off sale for everything on their website and I bought a bunch of backups of my favourite products and a few new things from their newly released collections. Apart from stocking up on my everyday favourites, I was mostly excited to try their Jelly Much Shadows and their Lux Lipsticks.


ColourPop Brow Boss Pencil has become an everyday favourites for me. It's described as a brow pencil with a buildable formula that aims to delivery perfectly natural brows and it claims to last all day. I admit that I wasn't a fan of the Brow Boss formula when I first tried it, at the time I was using the ColourPop Precision Brow Pencil, that one is creamy, it glides on smoothly and it's pigmented and when comparing both brows products, Brow Boss literally looks like it has no colors and it doesn't apply as smoothly as the Precision Brow Pencil.

I only started loving the Brow Boss Pencils when a girlfriend commented on how natural my brows look and we were both surprised as at the time, I was not used to the idea of natural looking brows on me. Nowadays, I cannot live without this brow pencil, I like that it last longer than the Precision Brow Pencil, it gives the most natural looking brows that is perfect for work and it does really last all day! Even on oily skin.


ColourPop All Star Primer and Face Setting Spray (sold individually) is one of their newly released products. The primer is a matte and blur formula that claims to minimizes pores and smooth the skin for better looking makeup and the setting spray claims to extend the wear of makeup, control oil and blurring pores. So far I have tested both on the back on my hands and I love the fruity scent.


ColourPop EXO Super Shock Shadow is one of the most talked about eyeshadows lately and I assume most of the people who bought it, buys it for the name?! If you are not familiar, EXO is a Korean-Chinese boy band. Although I am not as obsessed with K-Pop as others, some of my favourite idols (Kris Wu & Z Tao) were part of the group and I do listen to some of their music. EXO is described as a warm-toned rosy pink with silver and hot pink glitter and it's an ultra-glitter formula.



ColourPop Once & Floral Jelly Much Shadow is a newly launched product and it's one of the products that I was really looking forward to try. There are a total of eight shades in this collection and the color that really caught my attention is called Once & Floral which is described as a metallic pinky coral. These eyeshadows claims to be zero creasing, zero fallout and delivers an intense pigmentation in a single swipe. In the pot, the color can appear as a copper or a rosy shade depends on the different angle you are looking at.



ColourPop No Filter Natural Matte Foundation is described as an oil-free, buildable full coverage foundation that claims to give you a natural matte finish. There are a total of 42 shades and I like that the color selection is so wide and there is something for everyone.

On the ColourPop foundation page, the website helps you to find your shade by choosing your skin tone and undertone. For myself, I chose Light for skin tone and Neutral for undertone and it shows up with a 3 shades to choose from. I picked the shade in Light 45, which is describe as a neutral foundation with yellow undertones for very light skin tones. (FYI, right this moment I am a MAC NC20).

I haven't tried this on my face yet so I can't properly review it, but when I was doing swatches on my arm, I have notice that the foundation has a watery consistency and when I was blending with my fingers, it blends kind of streaky.


ColourPop No Filter Concealer was talked about in my latest beauty empties and I mentioned that I absolutely love this product! It's one of those products that I just don't like upon first experience, but the more I use it, the more I fell in love with it. ColourPop has changed the names for each shade, the one I bought is called Light 14 (used to be Light Neutral 15) and I use it to brighten up my undereye area. I love that the No Filter Concealer is full coverage, but lightweight. A little goes a long way and the tube last for months. It dries matte but not cakey and as you know, I have oily skin, my skin tends to get oily easily throughout the day and I am impressed with how well this stays on.



ColourPop Gnomie Luster Dust Loose Highlighter is described as a soft champagne with silver glitter. This reminds me of the Kylie Cosmetics Ultra Glow Loose Highlighter, when swatched on the arm, the color is almost invisible and all you can see is glitter, but when applied on the cheek with a brush, it is BLINDING!


ColourPop No Filter Setting Powder comes in three shades and it is described as a smooth, weightless loose powder that sets makeup for all day wear, it claims no creasing, no caking, or flashback. I just want to know why it doesn't come with a powder puff?! 


ColourPop Felicity Super Shock Cheek is described as a large particle gold with pink and copper pearl. I have plenty of Super Shock Highlighters and I adore the formula. It's silky and smooth, the color is not just glitter as seen in my swatches, it looks different depending on the lighting and in real life it's so pretty.



ColourPop Lux Lipsticks has been on my wishlist ever since the day they launched this range. There are two finishes, Matte and Creme; and there are currently over 40 shades. The Mattes are described as a velvet matte, long wearing lipstick with a soft blurring finish and the Cremes are described as a creamy-matte long wearing lipstick that glides on with intense pigmentation.

I have seen a lot of great reviews on the Lux Lipsticks, deep down I know that these are good, but being a first time buyer, I have had previous experience where I have read amazing reviews and trusting it so much I bought all the shades available in the collection and then end up regretting it as it's one of those products that works well for everyone else but not for me. So I go easy on this one and only bought five to try.

The shades I bought are - Hi Striker (matte, true blue red), Get A Room (creme, bright orange red), C'Mon Sis (creme, soft pinky brown), 27 (creme, deep plummy beige) and Lay Over (creme, medium rosy beige).

Both finishes are creamy and glides on smoothly, the colors are all very pigmented and so far my favourite out of all five is Hi Striker.







Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.