SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 14, 2014

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick ♡ Reviews & Swatches

When Farmers (a fashion, beauty & homewares store in New Zealand) offers amazing deals like "buy two and get the third free" on beauty items, it's offers like this you can't pass up! Especially when you can earn beauty points and gets other discounts at the same time!

There are a total of 20 shades in the Maybelline Color Whisper collection, but I don't think in New Zealand our stores stock the full range (like always *roll eyes*). I remember there were only seven or eight shades available on the Maybelline display and I grabbed myself three - Petal Rebel, One Size Fits Pearl and Oh La Lilac. These were the only one that catches my eyes, the colors looks so gorgeous from the tube!

The Maybelline Color Whisper packagings are so pretty and that's what caught my eyes first. Maybelline have described these as "Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel, no heavy waxes or oils, soft sexy gel-color". The Color Whisper lipsticks glides on lips smoothly, they are quite buildable; you can either wear them sheer or you can build them up to your desire shade.


OH LA LILAC
image
Maybelline Color Whisper "Oh La Lilac" is a gorgeous pastel purple shade. Below is a swatches of Oh La Lilac on my lips, I have applied approx 15 coats to get my desire shade. This may sound like I have exaggerated a bit, but no; the color is so sheer that it's too hard to get it to show a pastel purple on my lips.


PETAL REBEL
image
Maybelline Color Whisper "Petal Rebel" is a sheer pink shade. I have applied approx 20 coats to get the color to show up on my lips! I was getting frustrated! The swatches on my lips came out a bit like "Oh La Lilac" but if you look closely, it shows more a pastel pink than purple.


ONE SIZE FITS PEARL
image
Maybelline Color Whisper "One Size Fits Pearl" is a sheer nude?! Or you can just think of it as a colorless lipstick! Or lip balm. Let's just not discuss how many coats I've applied to my swatches below, all I remember was spending about 15 minutes swatching this, trying to get the color to show up on my lips!



image
Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick does gives you that perfect amount of shine and because of the light texture and glossy finish, these doesn't stay long. They lasted me about one hour without eating or drinking. What I love the most about these lipsticks is the smell and taste? Not that I eat them, but it's when you apply on your lips, you get this very nice candy taste. 

Overall Rating:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAcCWF8AbRbd_UwJkE-ddeRDr_E65Djv_TiL2Hroam78d9LS3lo9rPSaL_gGpg6pE0_y4VyxuMfdHbXclrznvnDepAoXriYVve9qaojsWG6JzZqFYBrGb8GHlUYyaHvJhDV4ySBFX0Gqo/s320/1387757280448.png

1 comment :

  1. I love the purple color! It's a nice wearable pastel purple <3 I might have to try that one out. I have a purple lipstick from Manic Panic, but it's really dark. I will probably do a review on it soon.
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.