SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 6, 2015

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Shades Suggested For NC25 ♥ Swatches

Mecca Cosmetica dropped their prices months ago and I was very excited about that, their pricing are still expensive because the brands they sell are all high-end cosmetics, but their prices aren't ridiculous anymore, they are actually quite affordable now. 

Even though Mecca Cosmetica has dropped their prices, NZD $69.00 for a foundation is still a bit too much for me to splurge on, especially when I have never tried out the foundation, nor do I know my foundation shade.

I have came across a lot of amazing reviews about the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, I don't remember ever coming across a review where someone talks bad about this foundation; I wanted to try it, but I was afraid of spending so much on a foundation, picked the wrong color and end up wasting a lot money. I often sell unwanted makeup, but it's different for foundations, because not everyone is in your shade, ya'know?

So I phoned Mecca Cosmetica Newmarket and requested for a few samples of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade most suitable for MAC NC25. I received my parcel with the four suggest foundation shades below:


image NARS Sheer Glow Punjab - medium with golden, peachy undertone

image NARS Sheer Glow Deauville - light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones

image NARS Sheer Glow Stromboli - medium with olive undertone

image NARS Sheer Glow Fiji - light with yellow undertone


Stromboli was too dark, Deauville was too light; Punjab and Fiji were similar, Fiji was still slightly too light for me and I have come to a conclusion that Punjab (medium with golden, peachy undertone) is the perfect fit for my NC25 skin tone.

I was able to try out the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation up to five times with the little sample pot, and during my trial with this foundation, I was impressed with the longevity, the texture, it feels lightweight, doesn't look cakey and it is easy to apply and blend nicely with either a foundation brush or a beauty blender. With my combination / oily skin, I was surprised to see my foundation lasted all day while wearing NARS Sheer Glow with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, my face did appeared oily during the day and I had to remove excess oil with blotting paper and blotting powder, but the foundation stay put and didn't slide around.

I have my foundation shade sorted and I did enjoy trying out NARS Sheer Glow, but that foundation formula is designed for normal to dry skin. There is a NARS Sheer Matte version that is designed for normal to oily skin, and I think I should buy that one. It is sometimes hard to make the right decision, especially when both of the items are very expensive.

I would love to know you guys opinions on the NARS Sheer Glow and NARS Sheer Matte, which one should I splurge on? 



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi6EtrxpdQ4aZ7emfYLjPRfq6FFoycZv3e0inaEvFCrddAHpMKMUoSxA_CE0gBu-VqiHOOvhP05wWlqG84IqcPveD9h7oLfJqzB0UjMBAkgHLznY1XZ3JXxF4MT9T-dlFLALsUxLnBZz3U/s1600/11+copy.png

17 comments :

  1. i still want to try this foundation and also the matte version. i need a shade slightly darker than deauville as i have neutral undertones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, really want to try the matte now; but every time I looked online it is always sold out.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh. I've always wanted to try out Sheer Glow, but never got samples. I hear that the matte version is very very matte and drying and the Sheer Glow version works on oily types as well. I don't know if that helps but my friend with oily skin does really like Sheer Glow and her face looks great even without powdering when she uses it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, now I really don't know which one to get xD hahah thanks for letting me know though, Hao. I have been using a matte primer lately and I love how it keeps my face oil free all day, so I just assume matte foundations are as good.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, that's freaking awesome that you managed to get samples! It's just so uncommon in singapore for people to give or ask for samples even at the high end counters or stores! We have such a strong culture of snobbery at make up counters here that I much rather just swatch the shades myself in person and judge from there but I would LOVE to get samples to try! I've heard so much about both the sheer glow and sheer matte but even the girls with oilier skin go with the sheer glow! I say go for it and bite the bullet! (Although that price is INSANE) Thanks to your swatches I'm definitely the shade Fiji! I think maybe search to see if there's anyone who maybe owns both? Or if oilier skin girls really find the sheer matte lasting on their skin? But I swear I've heard people say that they prefer the sheer glow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I would never ask for samples at the counter, I can't stand the whole having people look me up and down and wondering if I can afford a highend product or not lol!

      Delete
  4. Oh I think the perfect shade for me must be Deauville the others shades are a very yellow tone for me.
    Thanks for your review
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this :) my shade is probably either fiji or in in between fiji and deauville

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hehe seems like everyone is either a Fiji or a Deauville ♥

      Delete
  6. Absolutely love your blog and this post. Great swatches, glad to know how the colors look like (:
    The lightest will probably work for me haha

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you suggest a shade of this foundation for me . I'm a nc25 - nc30 in mac and my skintone leans more neutral than warm . I love your blogs btw 🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately I cannot suggest a right shade for you as I haven't used NARS foundation for a very long time! The last time I used NARS, Punjab was my best shade and I am NC25 more of a neutral tones. I would suggest you get your foundation match at a NARS counter ^^

      Delete
  8. Hi im the shade fiji do you know what mac shade i might be i tried nw15 but it was to light and nc20 was to yellow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I suggest it would be best to have a makeup artist match you in store. I have always been MAC NC25 and NARS Punjab, I am not familiar with other shades, sorry x

      Delete
  9. Hi im the shade fiji do you know what mac shade i might be i tried nw15 but it was to light and nc20 was to yellow

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.