SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 3, 2016

KYLIE LIP KIT vs. COLOURPOP ♡ Candy K & Clueless Comparison + Swatches

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

Recently I have came across a few online articles stating that "COLOURPOP Ultra Matte Lipsticks and KYLIE LIP KITS are pretty much the same damn thing" - Cosmopolitan; I am not going to lie, they are similar products, but there's also major differences between the two. Since I have both Candy K and Clueless, which are two of the most compared shades between the brands, I decide to do my own comparison.

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

View Full Size Image PRICING COMPARISON

View Full Size Image KYLIE LIP KIT: USD $29.00, each kit contains 1 x matte liquid lipstick & 1 x pencil lip liner
View Full Size Image International Shipping: USD $14.95 flat rate shipping
View Full Size Image Total: USD $43.95

View Full Size Image COLOURPOP: USD $6.00, contains 1 x ultra matte lipstick
View Full Size Image International Shipping: USD $17.75, shipping price is calculated by weight
View Full Size Image Total: USD $23.75

As you can see, there is a USD $20.00 difference between the Kylie Lip Kit and Colourpop. Obviously Colourpop is a lot more affordable, but their international shipping prices is a killer; the shipping prices is calculated by weight, so the more items you buy, the higher you will get charged for postage. Thank goodness, Colourpop offers free shipping to American addresses for orders over USD $35.00 and I often orders via YouShop, as the shipping prices are a lot cheaper compares to what Colourpop offers to international shoppers.

View Full Size Image PACKAGING COMPARISON

KYLIE LIP KIT matte liquid lipstick and COLOURPOP ultra matte lipstick has an almost identical packaging, with an exception of the designs and colors.

KYLIE matte liquid lipstick comes packaged in a clear tube with a black handle and black writing with drippy design, while COLOURPOP ultra matte lipstick has a silver handle and hologram writing printed on.

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless
Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

View Full Size Image INGREDIENTS COMPARISON

I am totally clueless when it comes to product ingredients and I am not going to deny the fact that I never check the ingredient section, neither in a makeup item or a packet of food. 

View Full Size Image TEXTURE / FORMULA COMPARISON

View Full Size Image KYLIE LIP KIT: Candy K has a watery consistency, during the first applicator before lunch time, it feels soft and smooth, and non drying nor hydrating during wear; but as soon as I have apply another layer of the product after lunch, it instantly feels drying, although it doesn't appear crack or started peeling off etc, it didn't feel comfortable to wear.

View Full Size Image COLOURPOP: Clueless is thin but not watery, it takes approximately three applications to cover the full lips, which ends up layering and doubling, making it a thick layer. The texture is smooth during application and it was very drying during wear, even though I have exfoliate and applied lip balms beforehand. 

Candy K takes a little longer to dry, while Clueless dries almost instantly.

View Full Size Image SCENT COMPARISON

View Full Size Image KYLIE LIP KIT: the liquid lipstick has a strong vanilla-ish, cupcake, sweet scent which I absolutely love! and it is one of the main reasons that I just cannot say no to Kylie Cosmetics. Kylie matte liquid lipstick has a similar scent to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, and the smell lingers around for awhile after application before it disappear.

View Full Size Image COLOURPOP: ultra matte liquid lips doesn't smell like anything at all, No smell of paint, nor chemical scent.

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless
Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless
Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

View Full Size Image APPLICATOR COMPARISON

KYLIE LIP KIT matte liquid lipstick and COLOURPOP Ultra matte lipstick both comes with a standard doe-foot applicator.

View Full Size Image KYLIE LIP KIT: the applicator of Candy K is a lot fluffier, it can pick up a lot more product with one dip into the liquid lipstick. The applicator is flexible and it allows me to get a precise line without applying messily, and I also had no problems applying a thin and even layer.

View Full Size Image COLOURPOP: the applicator is not flexible nor fluffy, it feels hard upon application and it cannot pick up a lot of product. I had to dip the applicator into the liquid lipstick at least three times to get a full lips and because of that, I feel like I had piled up a few layers during application, making the liquid lipsticks looks and feels thick. This is probably the reason why it is so drying.

View Full Size Image COLOR COMPARISON

View Full Size Image KYLIE LIP KIT: Candy K is described as a soft warm nude

View Full Size Image COLOURPOP: Clueless is described as a dusty, mauve pink

Candy K wears differently on me, the color appears as a gorgeous pink-ish nude when swatched on hand and it shows up as a brown-ish nude when worn on the lips.

I have seen a lot of people comparing Candy K to Clueless, stating that Clueless is an exact dupe for Candy K, but if you see my arm swatches below, they are completely different. Candy K is a warmer shade of nude, while Clueless is a cooler shade of mauve.

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless
Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

View Full Size Image LONGEVITY COMPARISON

View Full Size Image CANDY K

8.45 am - applied liquid lipstick

9.30 am - had biscuits and coffee for breakfast

12.30 pm - checked in the mirror, liquid lipstick stays in place, a little has been rub off in the inner lips, otherwise liquid lipstick is in perfect condition just as freshly applied

8.45 am to 1.30 pm - liquid lipstick wears comfortably, wasn't drying nor hydrating during wear, feels lightweight, as if I wasn't wearing any lip products on the day

1.30 pm - had an oily fried rice lunch

1.45 pm - check in the mirror to find that some of the liquid lipsticks has been rubbed off in the middle of the lips, I then re-applied, no crack or peel, but the texture felt very thick

4.40 pm - checked in the mirror to see that a few spot has been rubbed off, there's a thick layer of product and it looked a little cracked

I drank a lot of water during the nine hours of wearing Candy K, at first the liquid lipstick was completely matte and transfer-proof, but when it reached the four hours mark, I find that the lipstick starts to transfer to cups and food.

View Full Size Image CLUELESS

8.56 am - applied liquid lipstick

9.20 am - during the 10 minutes I drove to work, my lips felt like... "not my lips", very drying, had to keep my month open or else it felt like something is pulling, it kinda hurts too

9.24 am - arrived at work, check the mirror to see that a few spots has been rubbed off by when I pressed my lips together and some has gotten on my teeth

9.45 am - had coffee and biscuits for breakfast; and my lips felt less drying. Looked in the mirror again to see that few extra spots has been rubbed off when I drank coffee, Checked my cup to see that the lipstick has transferred

1.54 pm - check in the mirror before lunch to find that weird white line in the middle

2.00 pm - had an oily seaweed fried rice lunch

2.18 pm - checked in the mirror to see that a little bit of liquid lipstick in the middle has been rubbed off, I re-applied and there's no cracked nor peeling.

2.30 pm to 4.55 pm - check in the mirror to see that another white line has appeared in the middle; liquid lipstick feel sticky, but it isn't as heavy or uncomfortable as first applied and it still feels drying


View Full Size Image LIP SWATCHES

View Full Size Image CANDY K


Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

In the above lip swatch picture, I am wearing the Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick CANDY K along with the matching lip pencil included in the set.

View Full Size Image CLUELESS

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

In the above lip swatch picture, I am wearing Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipsticks CLUELESS along with the suggested lippie pencil in shade Contempo (described as a mid-tone dusty rose).

Comparison of Kylie Lip Kit Candy K & Colourpop Clueless

View Full Size Image FINAL THOUGHTS

There is a part of me that will always buy the KYLIE LIP KITS despite it is $20.00 more expensive than its most talked about COLOURPOP dupes.

In this comparison post I am only judging on the products qualities, not on Kylie Jenner as a person, nor on her family etc... I find that the Kylie matte liquid lipsticks are made with amazing qualities, they are one of the most comfortable matte liquid lipsticks that I have tried, non drying, neither hydrating, but super comfy during wear. I especially love the sweet cupcakes scents and it is the reason why I kept going back.

I love that the KYLIE LIP KIT matte liquid lipsticks are designed with a fluffier and more flexible doe-foot applicator, the application was easy and smooth, its watery texture glides on smoothly without making a mess. It feels lightweight before second application and Candy K was easily removed with Garnier micellar water after nine hours of wear.

COLOURPOP ultra matte lipsticks on the other hand was very drying during wear, it is an affordable product but it wears uncomfortably. Clueless feels sticky throughout the day when I press my lips together and it was heavy due to applying too many layers, I can't seem to avoid applying too much because of the doe foot applicator, it isn't flexible enough for me.

Clueless is not easily removed by Garnier micellar water and it leaves a stain after removable.

Both the Kylie matte liquid lipstick and Colourpop ultra matte lipsticks are not transfer-proof as they do transferred to cups when I drink coffee or water. I have worn them both with lip liners and neither of them feathered during wear.

In my opinion, you get what you paid for with these liquid lipsticks. KYLIE LIP KIT is more expensive because the set includes a liquid lipstick and a lip pencil, also I find that the quality is a lot better, it worn comfortably, it smells great and I don't have too many negative things to say about it except that it is a little drying upon second application when I layered the product. COLOURPOP is great as well even if you are not on a budget, their products are affordable and amazing, but I just feel like their ultra matte liquid lipsticks are too drying for me.


have you tried Kylie Lip Kits?
what are your thoughts on the comparison?

12 comments :

  1. Yeah I heard that the Colourpop Ultra Mattes were super drying but so were a lot of other high-end matte liquid lipsticks so they'd rather settle for the cheaper one if you're only after the colour after all :) I have 4 of the satins and they feel nice, transfer is annoying though. I have to be careful about touching my lips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own a few Ultra Satin ones but I haven't tried them yet, I have recently bought Dopey and it's the one that I am most excited about!

      Delete
  2. Having seen this post, the Kylie K lip option is amazing in comparison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie Lip Kit is definitely more amazing and I am not saying that because it's Kylie Jenner's line hahah. I feel like you would only know how good it is when you have actually tried it yourself ;)

      Delete
  3. I think I prefer the shade of the Colorpop one but it does sound like the Kylie one tips it on formula! :)

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I do think that the Kylie ones tend to darkened as it dries down to a full matte.

      Delete
  4. The Kylie set looks gorgeous, no question about it, but i feel the price tag is so high because of the name. I don't think I would buy it for myself

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy
    Öku Möku

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahh me too price wise, I am hoping one day Kylie sells them individually and lower the prices cause I am no fan of her lip liners.

      Delete
  5. Damn, what a good post and comparison. I always wanna get my hands on the lip kits, but I always seem to miss out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda ♥ I posted on your Ins as soon as I saw your comment that Candy K is still available on the website ^-^ unsure if you have seen it already hahah but I'm so surprised that for once, a kylie lip kit is in stock and available to purchase for so many days now!

      Delete
  6. I've yet to try either but it's also so difficult to choose a 'nude' shade because I've yet to try a good light brown nude which is actually the type of shade I'm dying to get my hands out. My brother is helping me out with a colourpop order now so I can't wait to try out some of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to read your review when you have end up trying Colourpop ^-^

      Delete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.