SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Summer Beauty Must Haves ♡ ft. ColourPop, xoBeauty Lashes, Charlotte Tilbury, Etude House, Urban Decay All Nighter, BeautyBlender Blotterazzi & Too Faced

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Today I am sharing with you 12 summer beauty must haves that I have been loving this past summer and just incase that you're wondering, it is currently autumn in New Zealand and winter will arrive next month. The weather has been not so good and it is getting colder day by day, so I want to cheer up my blog by sharing with you something summery.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur is one of my favourite and most reached for primer, it is described as a lightweight cream that provides multi-filtering effects for instantly refined and smooth skin.

I haven't worn foundation at all during this summer and I have been keeping my makeup natural during weekdays for work etc... I find that the Etude House Face Blur does a great job at brightening my complexion and it smooth out my skin as if I was wearing foundation.

My favourite things about this Face Blur is that it covers pores, hides imperfection and make my skin look flawless, also, for people like me that just hate the sticky feeling of sunscreen on the face, this primer provides some sun protections as it has SPF33/PA++.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow consist of a bronzer and a highlighter. I use both of them equally, but for the summer beauty must haves, I will only share with you my love for the bronzer as I have used the ColourPop highlighters a lot more frequently.

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar bronzer is the shimmery type, but it doesn't look like chunks of glitters on the cheek and I love that it slim, sculpt and it gives you that natural, sun-kissed look.

ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in the shades Lunch Money (soft white gold), Monster (light pink with opalescent duo chrome) and Wisp (golden champagne with gold pearls) are my most used highlighter this summer and I love them because they are good quality with an affordable price tag.

I find that Lunch Money and Monster is perfect for lighter skin tones as the colour shows up almost white with lots of shimmer, and Wisp is more suitable for those with medium skin tones. I am between a light and medium and if I have to choose one shade only, I would pick Wisp because it just gives that perfect summer glow.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017
Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Blush in the shade Luminous Flush is described as a champagne rose and I seem to reach for this blush all year round.

Luminous Flush is such a beautiful colour, the blush is pigmented when doing arm swatches, but when it goes on the cheek, it is buildable as you swirl the colours together, it's not powdery and the blush looks very natural on the cheek.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017
Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette literally screams S U M M E R! The palette includes 18 eyeshadows in peachy pink shades and the best thing is that it smells like peaches, sometimes the scent can get a little too overwhelming, but I still like it.

I am aware of the recent drama with the brand, but let me just say that if a brand hasn't done any bad to me personally and/or if I've never had a bad experience with their products then most likely I will continue to buy and use their products. Not to mention that I do actually like Too Faced and I have enjoyed using most of their products.

Also, as you may (or may not) know, I am not an eyeshadow person and I only wear eyeshadows on special occasions or when I blog a MOTD etc, so I was actually quite surprised at how often I have reached for this palette this summer.

My favourite shades from this palette is Just Peachy (shimmering peachy pink), Candied Peach (matte coral with violet shimmer) and Summer Yum (matte gingerbread).

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

xoBeauty "The Romantic" False Lashes were designed for the girly girl who likes a bit of flirt, a bit of length and a bit of volume; and this is the perfect pair of falsies to wear out in summer either worn day or night.

Although I don't wear falsies regularly and it is only a special occasion thing, when I do wear falsies, xoBeauty is the brand that I always buy from. They have all types of false lashes from the super dramatic ones to the daily wearable types and the one that I buy repeatedly is The Romantic. I love that The Romantic gives the perfect volume without being too thick and fake looking, the quality is not stiff and it wears comfortably for hours.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Etude House Dear Darling Soda Tint in the shade PK003 Sweet Sugar Soda is my #1 SUMMER FAVOURITES! It is from the Wonder Fun Park Collection that was launched earlier this year and it was the only one that caught my attention out of the whole collection.

ColourPop Ultra Satin Lipstick in the shade November is described as a warm peachy pink and it is part of the Kathleen Lights collaboration.

As I was preparing this post, when it comes to the lips category, these were the only lip products that popped into my head. I was surprised as I do own a lot of lip products and I have tried a lot of new ones in the past months, but then when I think hard, I am not that surprised anymore as these two were the only ones I kept reaching back for.

Etude House PK003 is a rosy pink packed with gold shimmer, it has a semi-opaque colour payoff and it wears for 4 to 5 hours. Although the gold shimmers doesn't appear as big chunks of glitters on the lips, it does stay on hours after the actual rosy shades disappeared.

ColourPop November is a peachy pink that looks absolutely gorgeous on light to medium skin tones. I have always been a big fan of the Ultra Satin Lips formula as it is very comfortable to wear, the formula doesn't dry to a full matte and it's not transfer-proof, but it also doesn't smear all over my chin during the days. November does fades into the lip lines look after meals, but it is quite long-wearing because I only needed to touch-up once after my meal, during my 12 hours out and about.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray is my most re-purchased makeup products, I have been using it for years and I use it all year round. I love that it works like a breeze on oily skin and it literally keeps your makeup on all day during those sweaty, summer days.

It seems that Urban Decay has recently changed the packaging of this product and the one shown in my photo above is a travel-sized which is purse friendly.

Summer Beauty Must Haves 2017

BeautyBlender Blotterazzi is a blotting sponge that is made of the beautyblender material and it's like a replacement of blotting papers, for beauty touch-ups on the go.

When BeautyBlender announced the release of Blotterazzi a long time ago, all I wanted to do was ask them what is the point of this product?! Like, why would anyone spend so much on two sponges when you can get such affordable blotting papers.

Then my thoughts towards the Blotterazzi changed completely when I begin to use it regularly and now I am obsessed with this beauty tool and seriously, it is the best thing ever for oily skin girls, especially in the humid summer weather.

Comparing Blotterazzi and regular blotting papers, I find that blotting papers runs out so fast and it seems that I had to blot my face so often even though most of them claims to be so matte. On the other hand with Blotterazzi, you can wash it as many times as you like, and I literally feel like I only needed to blot my face twice at the most throughout the day.

Also, Blotterazzi comes in a compact with a mirror for easy touch-ups and it is so handy! If you were to use blotting papers, you would have to carry a seperate mirror.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading my list of Summer Beauty Must Haves! All of these items are my favourites and regularly used products, and I would highly recommend them, especially for those with oily skins.

have you tried any of the products mentioned?
what is your must have beauty products for summer?


1 comment :

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.