SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 27, 2019

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation ♡ #140 Warm - Review on Oily Skin!


Today I am sharing with you a review of the FENTY BEAUTY PRO FILT'R SOFT MATTE LONGWEAR FOUNDATION. I have been testing this foundation for more than a week and I know I probably haven't given it enough time to decide if this is right for me, sometimes things can grew on you, but sometimes you just know what's right for you from the beginning.

This foundation has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 from more than 3000 reviews on Sephora NZ. It is described as "a soft matte, long-wear foundation with a buildable, medium to full coverage". It is a matte finish and it claims to be "light-as-air", "instantly-smooth" and "shine-free".

There is a wide range of shades to choose from and I shade matched myself online where I was recommended the shade #140 Warm (for light skin with warm yellow undertones).

FYI - I wear Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation in shade Vanilla, YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in shade B20, MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in shade NC20 and Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation in the shade #3.




FENTY BEAUTY PRO FILT'R FOUNDATION in the shade #140 Warm actually matched me quite well, at first swatched I thought the color is a bit pale, but after awhile, it does oxidised a bit and the color is quite a good match.

I have tried this foundation with two different primers, one is the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer and the other is my all time favourite Too Faced Primed & Peachy Primer. Both of them gives a very different result as to the wearing time.

As mentioned in my profile, I have combination to oily skin. I wear glasses on a daily basis, so face products tends to wear off easily around my nose areas. My T-zone gets oily easily and so does my cheeks.

I have tried the Fenty Primer a few times prior to buying this foundation and it did not work for me at all. I thought that wearing a primer and foundation combo from the same brand would work better than mix and match with different brands, but I was wrong.

On the day I tested the foundation with the Fenty Primer, I applied the foundation at around 7.30 AM, by lunch time I looked in the mirror at around 12.15 PM, my face was totally shiny and the nose area seems to have completely wears off. Then I touch-up with MAC Studio Fix Powder and checked again at around 4.30 PM, my face was oily but it wasn't too bad, the nose area has worn off again and finally I got home at around 7.05 PM, my whole face was so shiny, the nose area has completely worn off and both sides of my cheeks were soooo oily.
Then on the day I tested the foundation with the Too Faced Primer, I applied the foundation at around the same time at 7.30 AM, by lunch time I looked in the mirror at around 12.37 PM, my face wasn't bad at all, it wasn't shiny, but my nose area has worn off. This time I didn't touch-up with a powder or anything and when I checked again at around 5.07 PM, my face seemed oily but it's not that bad. By the time I got home at around 7 PM, my faced looked about the same as when I checked in at 5.07, and when I take off my glasses, the side of my nose has completely worn off.
Both demos above are taken with iPhone XR and non are edited, I wanted to show you how my skin really looks while wearing the foundation.

After a week of trying this foundation, I have to say that I am not a huge fan. The texture is thick and it's quite easy to blend, either with a sponge or a flat top foundation brush, but the formula feels a little bit heavy on the skin and if looking from a distance, my face looks flawless, but when looking close up, it looks cakey and drying.

I feel like this foundation is not really suitable for oily skin and it's not as long-wearing as it claims.

The below photos are taken with Nikon P900 and these are also non edited.


This one was taken right after I did my makeup at around 8 AM, in here I am wearing the Too Faced Primed & Peach Primer, Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation and Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Powder. I want you to know that the cakey look came from the foundation, not the CT Powder and I know this because Charlotte Tilbury Powder is the absolute best and I have already emptied three - four pans already, if it was cakey I wouldn't re-purchase it over and over especially when it's so expensive).

Lastly, these two below were taken after I got home at around 7 PM and that is nearly 12 hours of wear time with no touch-up during the day.



1 comment :

  1. Ah, that's a bummer! I have super oily face, I can get shiny real quick.

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.