SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Beauty Empties Jan - Feb 2020 ♡ ft. Sand & Sky, Caudalie, YSL, Sephora Collection, Kiehl's + More!

Here are a few skincare and makeup products that I have emptied in January and February, including some new-to-me brands and products that have become a stable in my collection.



 KIEHL'S CALENDULA EXTRACT TONER, I am so glad that I finally emptied this bottle and I'm not saying that this product is not good, but 500ml is just too much for someone who likes trying new things! This toner was recommended to me because I have oily skin, it has a chrysanthemum scent to it which I absolutely love, it smells fresh and clean. The calendula was what caught my eyes in the first place, the bottle looks so pretty when it's full. Kiehl's Calendula Toner didn't wowed me, nor disappointed me, it was quite average, it didn't irritate my skin, but I feel like it's just another toner to me.

 CORSX AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT TONER, this is also another toner that didn't have any wow-effect on my skin, despite all the good reviews, I honestly think that this is overhyped. The Corsx AHA/BHA Toner aims to enhance skin flexibility and remove dead skin cells, once again I think this one is just average.

 MARIO BADESCU FACIAL WATER WITH ROSEWATER, I love the smell of roses and I love the smell of this facial spay, this is probably the best one out of all the Mario Badescu Facial Water. I definitely think this product is overhyped and I dislike the stickiness it feels on my face after the spray.


 CAUDALIE BEAUTY ELIXIR, this is definitely a stable in my collection, I am obsessed with the beauty elixir! When I started using this product, I could not stand the smell, it just smells so weird and it's not a good smell too, until I started using it more often, that I got used to the scent and now I love it so much. The product itself is amazing, it wakes me up every morning, so refreshing and healthy looking.


 COLOURPOP ALL STAR FACE SELLING SPRAY, the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray has a special place in my heart, so I always think that nothing can compare with it, until I started using the ColourPop All Star. I like that it keeps my makeup in place all day (approximately 8 hours wear) and it smells like mandarin. I swapped the nozzle to the Urban Decay one as the ColourPop nozzle broke within a few uses.


 SEPHORA MELTING SHOWER JELLY - PILLOW BATTLE, I love the design of this bottle! It's definitely an unique one, you twist it first then squeeze out the amount of shower gel you need, this way it keeps you from wasting products and when you twist it back, it doesn't leak at all! Pillow Battle is described as a dose of sweetness and a touch of folly scent, I like the smell, but Beach Vibes is my favourite.


 YSL BLACK OPIUM EAU DE PARFUM, this perfume is intense and it's definitely very different compared to other perfumes. Black Opium is described as warm and spicy, it's very sexy and mysterious, but still wearable in a day time. The scent lasted hours on my skin and sometimes it lasted days on my clothing. I love it and I finally understand all the hype!


 BLISTEX INTENSIVE REPAIR LIP BALM, ever since Farmers stopped selling Carmex lip balms, I have been buying the Blistex ones instead. The smell is so intense, but I love the cooling effect on my lips, it's very moisturising and a must-have.

 LANEIGE LIP SLEEPING MASK, this came as part of the Laneige Kiss Me Day & Night Skincare Set which I briefly talked about in my previous Sephora haul. I love this but I cannot justify spending $30 for a lip balm which delivers the same result as other affordable lip balms, like Blistex.

 LANOLIPS 101 OINTMENT - STRAWBERRY, I am obsessed with this strawberry scent and I loved this product so much, until I started using the other scents like peach and apple. Peach and Apple both smells very artificial, which makes me never want to buy this ointment again because the scent makes me want to throw up every time I apply. I have only used this as a lip balm, it's great, the texture is thick and it really moisturise your lips, but if Blistex is cheaper and it does the same job, there's no point on spending more money on the same type of products.


 COLOURPOP BROW BOSS PENCIL - DARK BROWN, I honestly have talked about this product so many times and it has been featured in almost all of my beauty empties in 2019. I have since found another brow product that I love and it's the Fenty Beauty Brow MVP. ColourPop is more natural looking and less pigmented compare to Fenty Beauty, I still love both.


 SAND & SKY AUSTRALIAN PINK CLAY POREFINING FACE MASK, I have always wanted to try this mask, but at the same time, I have many doubts about its quality because all I have been seeing was influencers saying how good this product is, but never a normal, non-influencer person talked about it. Lucky enough, I was sent a sample in my latest Mecca Beauty Loop Box (level 3). I used it and I love it! Clay mask tends to be very drying when it dries down, but this one didn't feel too drying on my face, it was quite comfortable and after washing off, my face was instantly brighter and healthier looking. My skin felt so soft, clean and smooth.


Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.