SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Catkin Cosmetics x Summer Palace Lipstick - CR129 ♡ First Impression + Swatches

Last year I bought a bunch of products from Catkin Cosmetics to try, including a highlighter, an eyeshadow palette and two lip products. This is a Chinese makeup brand and it is also a new-to-me brand, I have used their 9-pan eyeshadow palette a few times and I really like the quality. 


Today I am sharing with you a first impression and swatches of one of the lip products I purchased and it's the Catkin x Summer Palace Lipstick in the shade CR129. I have this lipstick for a very long time, but I only just started using it recently, so I don't think I have used it long enough for a full review yet.

I remember the thing that caught my attention about this lipstick was the packaging, it's very Chinese, Ancient Chinese, the designs and colours are so elegant and the packaging is just absolutely beautiful. I am someone that loves historical Chinese TV drama, so when I saw this, I just had a to get it and I didn't even care about the quality of the actual product.

The packaging is not just pretty to look at, it has a magnetic closure which makes it feels more luxurious and expensive and the design is actually 3D.


There are three finishes and a lot of shades to choose from in the Catkin x Summer Palace range, red lipstick is not really my thing, although I do own a few, I always feel like red lips are a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I bought the shade CR129 because a lot of people has purchased this shade and it seemed to be one of their most popular colour in the range.

CR129 is a semi-matte finish and the colour is described as chili. It's very pigmented and the colour is vibrant, but it does make my teeth looks a bit yellow.

The texture is so smooth, it glides on effortlessly and the formula feels so comfortable on the lips, it's non drying and long-wearing. However, the lipstick kept getting on my teeth, but it doesn't smear nor feather easily.

Overall, I like this lipstick. The quality is better than expected and the packaging has won my heart.



Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.