SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 11, 2020

ColourPop Disney Midnight Masquerade Eyeshadow Palette ♡ Review + Swatches


Today I am sharing with you a review and swatches, plus a makeup look I did using the ColourPop Disney Midnight Masquerade Eyeshadow Palette.

The Midnight Masquerade Collection was released sometimes in late 2019 and this is ColourPop's second Disney Princess collection. I don't have all the products from this collection, but I did purchased a highlighter, a blush and a few of the newly released lux liquid lips.

I have been very obsessed with eyeshadow palettes lately and the Midnight Masquerade is one of the six eyeshadow palettes that I have recently purchased from ColourPop.



The Midnight Masquerade palette contains fifteen eyeshadows and a mixture of finishes including matte, shimmer, pressed pigment and pressed glitters.

The palette comes packaged in those durable cardboard materials, which I much preferred compared to their plastic 9 pan palettes. This one does not come with a mirror and the artwork and design is definitely more detailed and prettier compared to their first Disney Princess palette (It's A Princess Thing).



 Mrs. Potts, described as an antique yellow gold.

 Floating Lantern, described as a rosey copper with lavender glitter.

 Djali, described as a soft copper with a pink flip and a duo chrome flip.

 Mama Odie, described as soft peach with a green flip and a duo chrome flip.

 Enchanted, described as a warm coral.

 Pip, described as a peachy nude.

 Damsel, described as a dusty rose.

 Spinning Wheel, described as an opal with pinky flip.

 Royal Ball, described as a white gold with multidimensional glitter.

 Frog & Wife, described as a hunter green.

 Nutmeg, described as a true terracotta.

 New Dream, described as a warm dusty violet.

 Gaston, described as a true crimson.

 Quasimodo, described as a muted deep brown.

 Merryweather, described as a deep navy blue.

The shades above are listed as per my arm swatches order, starting from Mrs. Potts on the left, then the first row and lastly the second row. 

Usually at the back of each ColourPop eyeshadow palettes, they would list out the shades that are not safe to be used directly on the eyes, but there is non noted on the Midnight Masquerade palette. I believe pressed glitters are not safe to use in the immediate eye area, although I have tried it myself, nothing major happened, but the huge chunks of glitters did irritated my eyes a bit and there were A LOT of fall-outs! 

Floatting Lantern and Royal Ball are the only pressed glitters in this palette, they are so pretty to look at in the pan, but once you dip your finger in, they are every where! It's annoying and this is my least favourite formula from ColourPop.

Majority of the shades from this palette is pigmented, they glides on smoothly and blends well on the eyes. The darker shades on the bottom row are a bit dry and patchy, as seen in my arm swatches above, the shade Merryweather is the worst. 

I really like the lighter matte shades on the top row of the palette and my favourite formula is definitely the shimmers. I have tried using the shimmers both dry and wet and I find that when using it wet, the color becomes more vibrant, but the texture is chunky, and when using it dry, it's shimmery, but it's not as vibrant and the texture is so velvety, they glides on smoothly and blends beautifully on the eyes.

Below is a makeup look I did using the Midnight Masquerade eyeshadow palette. We all know that I am no pro at creating makeup looks and not even close to being good at applying makeup, but I got to say I am probably best at buying and collecting makeup itself haha.




As mentioned in the beginning, I did purchased a few ColourPop Lux Liquid Lips from the Midnight Masquerade collection. I have the shades in Beast (a mid-tone pink nude), Wonderboy (a rich berry), Flynn (a rose plum) and Prince Charming (a true pink).

The shade selections are absolutely gorgeous and the formula feels light weight on the lips, but it gets very drying and it forms crusty pieces in the middle after a short amount of wearing time. Also this product is not long wearing at all.

The above lip swatch is probably the worst I have posted on my blog, mind you, I did scrub my lips beforehand and my lips are not in a drying condition currently.


The blush that I am wearing in this makeup look is Enchanted Mirror from the Beauty and The Beast Belle Kit. It is described as a warm pink blush and it has been my favourite blush since I received it. The texture is so soft, it wears all day and the pigmentation is just about right, for someone who is always too heavy-handed.

I don't recall posting such detailed review of an eyeshadow before on this blog, haha but I hope you enjoyed reading this post.

Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.