SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection ♡ Swatches + First Impression

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection

Colourpop collaborated with YouTuber Jenn Im and together they have created such a cute and affordable makeup collection that I had to get my hands on every single item that is available!

To be honest, I had no idea who Jenn Im was and I have only started watching her videos online after I bought the Jenn Im x Colourpop collection.

Anyway, the collection consist of three lip products and one eyeshadow quad and it has a summery theme which includes mostly bronze and orange / coral shades.

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad

 JENN NE SAIS QUAD 

Jenn Ne Sais Quad contains four super shock shadows in three finishes. I am a huge fan of Colourpop super shock shadows, whatever the finish is, I love that they are super pigmented and the texture is smooth and soft to apply, as well as long wearing.

Jenn Ne Sais Quad is USD $20.00 for four super shock shadows, or you can choose to buy the eyeshadow individually at USD $5.00 each. 

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad

QUATRE  A blackened brown in a Matte finish

TROIS  A brownish brick red in Satin finish

UN  A soft champagne sprinkled with silver multidimentional glitter in a Metallic finish

DEUX  A mid tone warm brown in Satin finish

When I was doing some research on the Jenn Im x Colourpop collection, I have read that Jenn Im has named her super shock shadows in French; and of course I was so curious to know what are the meaning of the names in English, that I did a Google translate to find the names are just simple: one (Un), two (Deux), three (Trois), four (Quatre).

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad "Quatre"
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad "Trois"
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad "Un"
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad "Deux"
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Jenn Ne Sais Quad "Deux"
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection also includes three lip products in orange / coral shades.

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Ultra Satin Lip "Dohee"

COLOURPOP ULTRA SATIN LIP (USD $6.00) is a type of liquid lipstick that doesn't dry completely matte. This formula reminds me of the Chi Chi Creamy Matte Liquid Lipsticks, except that the texture is a lot thinner and watery. These are not transfer-proof or kiss-proof, but they are less drying and wears much more comfortable than the Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips. DOHEE is described as a bright warm coral, the color is totally summer and pretty!

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Matte X "Jenneration X"

COLOURPOP MATTE X LIPPIE STIX (USD $5.00) is my absolute favourite lip formula from Colourpop, I have recently blogged and did a lip swatched of 13 shades from this collection (click here to see the post), and I love that the formula is SO CREAMY! and so comfortable to wear despite the matte finish. JENNERATION X is described as a bright true orange with a hint of red.

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection - Lippie Pencil "Dohee"

COLOURPOP LIPPIE PENCIL (USD $5.00) is my least favourite product from Colourpop. I find that the formula is too creamy to use as a lip pencil as they would just smear around the edges as I apply, but I still wanted to get this product just so I could complete my Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection. DOHEE is described as a bright warm coral, it is a lot more neon compared to the Ultra Satin Lip color.

Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection

Colourpop has recently announced that they now ships to all countries worldwide excludes China and Turkey, but their international shipping prices are still as expensive as they shipping prices goes by weight. Colourpop offers free shipping for orders over USD $30.00 to any USA addresses and I have always ordered via YouShop and when compared the shipping prices, YouShop is a lot more affordable.


did you pick up anything from the
Jenn Im x Colourpop Collection?

6 comments :

  1. I absolutely love Jenn! She's been one of my favourite youtubers for a while and I was so ecstatic that she was collaborating with colourpop as it gave me an excuse to try them out! At the time they didn't ship to the UK so I gave up on the idea for a while but in the next couple of months I'm going to buy them!
    Dohee is such a gorgeous lip colour and seeing it on people makes me want it more! I think the colors she chose for the shadow quad are gorgeous and go so well together!

    Jasmine | http://kkochsongi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Jasmine ♥ I love the shadow quad, everything from its' formula to its' color selection is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Gah it's soo easy to get these in the States. It's a little pricier here because of the tax and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha all that struggle with the tax etc... I feel ya! Shipping directly from NZ is something like USD $25... It's never cheap shopping from Colourpop, if counting the shipping cost.

      Delete
  3. I saw this collection and thought the colors were so pretty! I'm glad you pointed out the differences in formulas for the lippies. I have yet to order anything from colourpop, but their swatches from their products look very inviting. I can see why it would be addictive. I will have to check out Jenn's channel.
    Thanks Kay.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I've also never heard of her either! Personally I don't care much for those types of eye shades although I do love how they look on others. I FINALLY have my first colour pop order in yesterday WOO HOO but 3 shadows had deep cracks in the and my brother who helped me take care of ordering (long story short he's ocd so his assistance is appreciated) is insisting on getting customer service to replace them....but then again I'm really busy with work so I can wait another two weeks until I have the entire haul ready to review :p

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.