SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 25, 2016

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette ♡ First Impression + Swatches

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette
NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette
NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette
NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette

I picked up a few beauty items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year and one of the item that got me most excited for is the NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette.

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette
NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette contains four cheek blushes, one highlighting blush and one bronzing powder. To be honest, there was no point of me buying this palette because it contains a majority of cheek shades that I have already owned and tried, plus, I already have a few other NARS palette that I rarely reach for (I have this habit of buying something because it is Limited Edition).

My motive of buying the NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette was: 1) it is Limited Edition and 2) it comes packaged in the NARS' OG rubber casing. The packaging got me really excited because I wasn't a fan of those bulky plastic packaging that NARS has bought out in recent years, I mostly dislike that the plastic ones are too hard to open, and when the clock is ticking in the morning, I get too frustrated and end up never reaching for the NARS blushes.

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette:

 ORGASM - peachy pink with golden shimmer

I first tried the NARS Orgasm Blush when I bought the travel sized Orgasm Blush / Laguna Duo, I like that the color is sheer and buildable and it is shown as a glowing peachy pink shade on my skin. 

 DEEP THROAT - soft pink with golden sheen

Deep Throat is such a gorgeous color and it appears as a peachy shade on me, the opacity is semi-sheer and buildable, and I first tried this blush when I bought the NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette.

 ALBATROSS - opalescent gold highlight

Albatross looks like a translucent pressed powder in the pan, but when applied on the skin it tells a total different story. I love that Albatross gives a subtle glow with only a few swipe, you definitely don't need to apply too much, but you're welcome to build up the highlight for an even more glowing effect.

 LUSTER - sheer golden apricot

NARS Luster Blush, I haven't read or seen this color, I am a total newbie here!

 DESIRE - matte bright pink

I have read a lot of amazing reviews of Desire and it's been on my wishlist for a long time so I was super excited that it is included in this palette. A majority of photos I have seen, Desire is shown as a full opaque bright pink, but when I did an arm swatch, the formula seems quite sheer.

 LAGUNA - diffused brown powder with golden shimmer

Laguna bronzer is a NARS cult favourite and when NARS brings out Limited Edition cheek palette, Laguna is always included; so by now I already owned a couple of NARS Laguna in my collection.

NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette
NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette

FIRST IMPRESSION:

So far I love this palette and I am so glad that I got my hands on it before it was sold out. The NARS Nordstrom's Best Cheek Palette was USD $65.00 with a value of USD $124.00 and it is worth every penny, especially love that NARS bought back the rubber packaging.


did you buy anything from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
what is your favourite NARS product?

1 comment :

  1. I got this too! So glad I got it. I've been wanting to try some of those shades and this was the most economical way. Loved your post and enjoy your palette.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.