SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer ♡ First Impression + Swatches

Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer

Today I am sharing with you my first impression on the Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer. I have recently purchased this from Harrods and it was love at first sight! I know I say the same thing about every single products that I love, but this is one of those that even when the shipping price to New Zealand cost an arm and a leg, I still have to have it in my collection. 

I have purchased plenty of cute makeup products this year, ranging from affordable Korean beauty to high-end luxury brands, but the BEST PRODUCT PACKAGING OF 2016 must go to the Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer! This is the first Dolce & Gabbana makeup product that I own and I love the packaging from the compact to the leopard print design on the actual bronzer, although the overspray of the design was a disappointment, I still really like the quality and the luxury feel of it. 

Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer

Prior to drafting this first impression post, I did a few research on this product and its' makeup line as I am not familiar with Dolce & Gabbana. I am not afraid to admit that I have absolutely no knowledge about this brand, from its fashion line to its makeup line. I just know that I have visited one of their stores in Paris while I travelled to Europe and I finally got to see their clothing and accessories in person, I love them, especially their bags, but I can't afford them.

Anyway, back to the Animalier Bronzer, some people online mentioned that this is a re-promote product while others says this is a brand new thing. Whatever it is, it's beautiful and I am glad I own this.

Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer
Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer

The one thing that I absolutely adore about the Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer is the Packaging! It comes packaged in a small velvet pouch and a mini sized makeup brush for easy touch-up during the day if needed. The compact comes packaged in a gold theme with a leopard print design on top and it comes with a big mirror inside.

The actual bronzer has an overspray layer of the leopard print design. Dolce & Gabbana did mentioned that over time the leopard design will gradually disappear to reveal a natural bronze shade, but I did not think that the leopard print will disappear upon the first swipe of the bronzer with my finger.

When I saw that the leopard print design disappeared so quick, I was a little disappointed and there were moments that I regret buying this bronzer; but in the end I am no longer sad about it because when the overspray has disappeared, it comes to reveal a sheer bronze shade that gives me the naturally bronzed look.

Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer
Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer
Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer
Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer

The bottom photo show swatches of the overspray on top and my first reaction when I saw the swatches was "this can't be a bronzer colour... it looks almost like a blackish brown", but then I start to swatch the actual bronzer as shown on the bottom and I was thinking "this bronzer is so sheer, almost no pigmentation shown in the arm swatch... like how is it going to show on my face?". Then I decided to try it on my face and I was surprised to see that the pigmentation is almost not there in the arm swatch, but it shows up as a natural bronze on my face.

Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer

Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.