SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Eyeshadow Palette ♡ Review & Swatches


Today I am sharing with you my thoughts and swatches of the ABH Norvina Palette.

This palette was released in 2018 and I only get to try it out recently when ABH becomes available at Mecca. I was actually deciding between the Norvina Palette and the Modern Renaissance, and I end up choosing Norvina because the shades all looks more natural and princess-ish.

I have been using the Norvina Palette for over a months now, I use it everyday, I love it, but there's a few things that ticked me off as well... and I wondered if people are experiencing the same things?

image NORVINA image

Norvina is the daughter of the founder of Anastasia Beverly Hills, and this eyeshadow palette was created and named after her.

I have been following Norvina on Twitter for a very long time and I admire her styles. Her purple hair looks gorgeous and I love her makeup looks.

image ABH NORVINA PALETTE image

Norvina says she has always wanted to create a palette that embodies her spirit, she described herself as a dreamer at heart who gets lost in her own fantasy world daily... (aren't we all?!).

The Norvina Palette features 14 shades ranging from bold and bright mattes to soft pastel metallics.

It comes in a purple velvet-like packaging which feels soft and nice to grip onto, but it gets dirty so easily and it's almost impossible to wipe it completely clean because of its' velvet material.

The palette comes with a double-ended brush which I use sometimes, I am not a huge fan of it because the bristles feels a little harsh on me.

It also comes with a big mirror which is great for travelling.




image SHADES & PIGMENTATION image

The overall pigmentation of The Norvina Palette is amazing, most of the shades are very opaque and some of the metallic shades are literally jam-packed with shimmers; but a few of the metallics are quite patchy and the shimmers are quite chunky.

I love the shades included in this palette, the overall look gives you that whimsical feel. I use Base (matte eggshell, I use it as a base color), Incense (matte dusty terra-cotta, I use it as the outer corner) and Rose Gold (metallic rosewood, I use that as a topper) a lot and I love the formula, it's so soft and creamy, but it has A LOT of fall outs. The palette literally goes all dusty as soon as I dip in my eyeshadow brush and that really annoys me.



image OVERALL THOUGHTS image

The Norvina Palette is the most beautiful eyeshadow palette at first glance, the shades included are so gorgeous and the pigmentation is amazing; but a month later, I kind of feel like, I spent $86 on this palette and I only use three shades.

I have been loving shimmer eyeshadow toppers and some of the metallics in this palettes are not as pigmented which would be perfect if using as a topper, unfortunately, the shimmers are either too chunky and or they applies patchy. 

The packaging, I absolutely adore the velvet-like feel and the purple looks unicorn-ish, but as mentioned earlier, this type of materials attracts dirts so easily and it's really hard to keep it clean.

The formula is also amazing, it's very soft and smooth, it's easily to blend and the eyeshadows stays on for hours. The only thing I dislike is, as mentioned, the fall outs and the pan becoming all dusty after one dip into the palette, If I tap off the excess and apply on the eyes, I find that they are hardly any fall outs, but it's just the pan being all dusty is what really get on my nerves.

Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.