SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 27, 2020

Danse Lente Phoebe Bis Accordion Leather Bag Review ♡

During the New Years sale at Sak Fifth Avenue, I have purchased my first Danse Lente bag.

I have been using this bag for two weeks now and I have a lot of thoughts on this bag. While it is the most instagramable bag and it is very stylish, is it functional too? Let's find out!


Danse Lente (pronounced as 'dons lont', not 'dance lantte' 😂) is a French word for Slow Dance. The brand is based in London and they specialized in handbags and small leather goods.

I love designer bags, but I am not much a fan of big designers brands like Louis Vuitton and Gucci. I much prefer bags that are simple and stylish, rather than having a brand's logo plastered all over the bag.

I have been eyeing up a Danse Lente bag for a year now and I initially wanted (still do) the Mini Phoebe, but at the time of my purchase, the Phoebe Bis was the only style that was on sale. If you didn't know, these bags are actually very expensive, they are around NZD$800 when not on sale (or maybe more), so I was very glad to have grab one at half price.

Before I placed my order online at Saks, I did a little research and watched a few Danse Lente bags unboxing on YouTube. All of the bags comes with a dust bag, so when mine arrived without one, I was concerned, I immediately emailed Saks' customer service and asked if I was suppose to get one. Long story short, I was told that I have to physically go to their store in Costa Mesa, California to get a dust bag 🙄.... really?! You want me to fly all the way around the globe to get a dust bag which I was supposed to received one at my purchase anyway?! 😤


Luckily, Danse Lente were kind enough to send me a dust bag at no cost when I emailed their customer service and explained the situation, so thank you very much Danse Lente! ❤️

The dust bag itself is very different to all other dust bags I have from other brands, it's definitely very unique and super cute. I am not sure why, but it reminds me of a diaper bag.


Here I have the Danse Lente Phoebe Bis Accordion Leather Bag in the color Orchid and it is described as a luxe structured leather bag that is defined by twisted metallic and a marbled front clasp.




The bag features:

Top metallic twisted handles.



Dual interior compartments and one interior open pocket.


Adjustable and removable leather shoulder strap.


The bag measures about 8" W (20.32 cm) x 8.5" H (21.59 cm) x 5" D (12.7 cm).


The Danse Lente Phoebe Bis bag is big enough to carry the daily essentials, like cellphone, wallets (long wallets doesn't fit), keys, some makeup items, but the opening of the compartments are quite narrow, making it hard to find items if needed.





The compartments in the back is my absolute favourite, I love how easy it is to open and fish out the items needed, it is also secure, so I often put my most used stuff in this compartment, like my phone and earphones.

One tiny thing that annoys me with this back compartment is that, my earphones always gets stuck and tangled by the removable strap every time I try to take it out of the bag.

With the front compartment, I feel like, whatever I put into the bag has to be organised, otherwise the bag won't close properly as seen below. Sometimes carrying too much things in the bag, the magnetic clasp also won't close at all. So I had to limit the things I carry with me every day.



Below is a photo of me carrying it as a shoulder bag, I am about 161 cm tall and I think the length is perfect.



Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.