SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Beauty Empties July - August ♡ ft. Caudalie, Some By Mi, Guerlain, MAC, Estee Lauder, Fourth Ray Beauty + More!

I'm a bit early, today I am sharing with you the beauty products I have emptied in July and August, including a few makeup items that I have completely used up, which I am really proud of! 
 CAUDALIE NOURISHING BODY LOTION, if it wasn't on sale, I would probably never thought of spending that much on a body lotion! I have been really loving Caudalie, majority of their products works wonders on me, so I want to try as many products as I can from this brand. I love this body lotion, I love that it instantly hydrates leaving my skin feeling so soft and of course there are a lot of body lotion on the market that delivers the same result for a cheaper price, but this one smells so good, the cream feels so luxurious and it doesn't feel heavy or sticky after application. I actually can't find this body lotion at Sephora anymore, I'm not sure if it's discontinued or out of stock, but if it becomes available again, I would definitely re-purchase, only if on sale. 
 CAUDALIE INSTANT FOAMING CLEANSER, I got this in one of those holiday skincare sets and although I'm obsessed with Caudalie right now, I'm not really a fan of this. I don't like it and I don't dislike it either, but I would definitely not re-purchase this because I'm not a big fan of foam cleansers.
 COSRX PROPOLIS LIGHT AMPULE, I love Korean skincare products, but I have always tried to avoid the brand Cosrx, I have tried a few Cosrx products in the past and I find that non of them works on me, not necessary giving me breakouts etc, but I feel like they do nothing on my skin. I received this from the last Hikoco lucky box and it is suppose to protect skin from external environment and help maintain healthy skin. My skin hasn't changed at all since using this product, it could be a good or a bad thing, but I also find that this used up so quickly.

 URBAN DECAY BROW TAMER - NEUTRAL BROWN, this is one of the best brow gels I have tried, unfortunately it's now discontinued. I love that it sets brows quickly, without being flakey, the brush is the perfect size to brush through individual hairs without smudging and the pigmentation is just right, it's not too pigmented, but I can still use it on those no makeup days. 

 FENTY BEAUTY BROW MVP - ASH BROWN, this is one of my favourite brow products and I usually use the shade "Black Brown". I was recommended Ash Brown to match my natural black hair, but I don't like it as much as it looks ashy on me. I will continue to purchase this, but in black brown.
 ORGANIK BOTANIK SEA SALT COCONUT OIL BODY SCRUB, Organik Botanik is an Australian skincare brand that I have been trying out lately. I quite like their scrub, my skin feels so smooth and hydrating after use, but I don't really like the smell, it smells like cardboard boxes.
 ORIGINS GINZING ULTRA-HYDRATING ENERGY-BOOSTING CREAM, Origins has become another favourite skincare brands of mine this year, majority of the products I have tried from this brand works amazing on my skin. I only use this at night time as the texture of the cream feels a bit too heavy on my skin, but it is super hydrating. The scent is too strong, but it smells like orange juice, so if you are an orange fan, you will love the smell. Currently I am using the Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer and I love that one more.

 TONYMOLY PEACH HAND CREAM, I can't remember which year this hand cream was purchased, but I must've been using it for a few years now and I finally emptied the whole thing! I'm a big fan of TonyMoly's hand creams, I have tried the banana, the mango and the peach and they all smells so delicious and the packaging is totally cute!
 CANMAKE MAT FLEUR CHEEKS - 02, this blush was featured in one of my "Kawaii eBay Finds" series back in 2016, I hit pan on it around 2018 and I have recently just used up the whole thing, which I am totally proud of! This is one of my favourite blushes, I love that the texture is smooth and soft and although it seems quite pigmented when I swatched it on hand, it goes on the face naturally, like a natural flush look.

 FENTY BEAUTY KILLAWATT FREESTYLE HIGHLIGHTER - HU$TLA BABY, this is the mini highlighter from the Bomb Baby Mini Lip & Face Set. I love this highlighter so much, that I went and bought the full sized Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo when I completely used up the mini. I love that Fenty Beauty's highlighters can do glam or can be subtle, the texture is easily blended and the highlight is so beautiful, it just gives the right amount of glow.


 GUERLAIN METEORITES PEARLS - 2 CLAIR, I can't believe that I've had this powder for nearly six years! The Meteorites Pearls first appeared on my blog in a birthday haul back in 2014, I use it on and off, hit pan in September 2018 and I completely used it up in July 2020. This is no doubt one of the best face powders I own, it's expensive, but it's worth every penny. 
 MAC PREP + PRIME FIX + PINEAPPLE, I bought plenty of fix + in my life time and until now I am still not completely sure what these are used for?! I have tried it as a setting spray, but I find that it ruins my makeup rather than sets it, then I tried it as a refreshing mist, which I find is alright, I use it mostly on days that I'm not wearing makeup. Pineapple smells yum, but I really should stop buying these just because they smell nice. 
 URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER SETTING SPRAY - CHERRY, I bought a bunch of the Cherry Scented All Nighter Setting Spray when it launched two years ago and right now I am down to my final one. I love the smell of this and I hope they bring it back!


 ESTEE LAUDER GENTLE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER, this is my first time trying out Estee Lauder's makeup remover and from the reviews I have came across, it seems like everyone likes it, but I find that it's just average. Yes it is gentle on the eyes and yes it does remove eyeshadow and mascara as claimed, but for something so expensive, you would expect it to remove waterproof makeup too, right?!


 SOME BY MI AHA BHA PHA 30 DAYS MIRACLE TONER, I received this in my Lucky Koco Box from Hikoco back in February and at the time I was disappointed that my box was full of skincare rather than makeup products that I was hoping for, then I started using this toner to find that I actually really really like it. 30 Miracle or not?! I'm not sure, but I like that it leave my skin feeling clean and smooth, I also love the smell, it's smells minty and refreshing.
 FOURTH RAY BEAUTY BFD CLEANSING OIL, I bought this product as soon as ColourPop announced the launch of their sister brand Fourth Ray Beauty, it's been two years and it feels like a drag trying to use this up. I like the idea that the pump can be closed to prevent leakage, but the product itself is just oily and doesn't remove makeup completely, not even non-waterproof ones. The worst part is, imagine  your vision going all blurry because of how oily the formula is.
 IT COSMETICS CONFIDENCE IN A CLEANSER, I have been a long term fan of the Confidence in a Cream and I thought I would try the cleanser as well. I like that it leaves my face feeling moisturized and plump. The texture is creamy, but not thick and it smells lemon-ish.


 BLISTER INTENSIVE REPAIR, Blister is my alternative for Carmex.

 CARMEX LIP BALM, I hope that Carmex will never discontinued their lip balms.


 16 BRAND MASK PACKS - PEACH & APPLE, HIBISCUS TEA, PEPPER MINT TEA, STRAWBERRY & BANANA, I have been loving mask sheets lately, I find that they are less hassle compared to the wash-off masks. 16 Brand mask packs used to be a favourite of mine, I love that the sheet masks are thin enough, but not easily tear apart, it's a tad sticky after use, but feels very moisturizing and each of them smells so nice, my favourite is the Peach & Apple!
 PAPA RECIPE BOMBEE HONEY MASK, Papa Recipe sheet mask is my all time favourite! The honey scent smells amazing and my skin feels so plump and moisturized after use.
 KAO MEGRHYTHM GENTLE STEAM EYE MASK, last time I talked about this product was in one of my beauty empties back in January 2019, I had a little break and now I'm back to using the self-warming steam eye mask again, I always get a good sleep when I use this.

 WISHFUL CHIN LIFT SCULPTING SHEET MASK *NOT PICTURED*, this is a $21 mask that is suppose to lift your chin, it was a fun experience, but I didn't see any noticeable different. 

Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.