SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Flower Knows x Pretty Rock Baby Unicorn Collection ♡ First Impression + Swatches



I have been testing out a few Chinese beauty brands lately and I came across the brand, Flower Knows, which is created by two popular cosplayers, Hana and Baozi. I'm not familiar with Anime or Cosplay, but both of them seemed pretty well-known both in China and internationally. 

I first came across Flower Knows from a few Chinese beauty bloggers on Weibo, the brand has an overall cute and girly theme that totally fits my style. 

This is my third time buying from this brand, I've always had a good experience shopping from them and today I am sharing with you some new products I have purchased from their new unicorn collection.

Flower Knows has so far released two unicorn collections, the original and the 2.0 and the one I am sharing with you is the original collection. From what I have gathered, the unicorn collection is a collaboration between Flower Knows and Pretty Rock Baby (a Lolita clothing brand) and the collection includes a loose powder, four eyeshadow palettes, six blushes, six tinted lip gloss, a mirror and a headband.


  EYESHADOWS 

There are four eyeshadow palettes in the original collection and I bought two, one is a neutral brown and another contains some pretty peachy shades. The packaging is made from durable cardboard and plastic, the design looks absolutely gorgeous inside out, but the overall material feels quite cheap. There is a mirror inside and the texture of the eyeshadows are buttery smooth and soft, most of the shades are quite pigmented, except the chunky glitter one in the middle, it's almost the same as ColourPop's pressed glitters, very hard to pick up colours or glitters. 









  BLUSHES 

There are six blushes in this collection and I only bought two, Pursuit of Rose is a plum-ish rosey shade with gold glitter flicks and Ms. Peach is a peachy apricot shade. The texture is very smooth and soft, the pigmentation is not very opaque, which I think it's perfect for blushes. The packaging is definitely something that I haven't seen before, the compact is made out of plastic, but it overall feels more high quality than the eyeshadow palettes. The blushes has a very unique design both outside and inside and what I love most about it is the opal-like background on top of the compact, the color theme is different accordingly to the shades of the blushes.






  LOOSE POWDER 

I have seen a lot of bloggers raves about how amazing the loose powder is from this collection, saying the puff is very soft and the powder itself will instantly mattify any oily skin without looking cakey, but I'm not too fuss about the quality as I only bought this for the packaging. Again, it's made from durable cardboard and the unicorn on top is made of plastic, the overall design is cute and girly, it's magical and it looks good when placed on the vanity.



  LIP GLOSS 

There are six tinted lip gloss in this collection and I bought three, Little Rose is a rosey shade, Little Milk Bottle is a nude shade and Little Honey is a orange-ish red. When I saw the packaging, it instantly reminds me of the Jeffree Star's Magic Star Concealer, it's similar, but not quite. The design of the packaging is like a magic wand, it's totally magical and girly. It's again, made of plastic, it looks pretty, but it feels cheap. I love the colours that I picked as three of them are all wearable on a daily basis. I bought these with no expectations, but they have definitely surprised me, the texture is not too sticky, the lip gloss is tinted and it's actually quite long wearing. The only thing I dislike is the overpowering scent, it smells like a mixture of floral and candy and it's a bit too strong for my liking.


Lastly, I received the mirror as a gift for purchase over a certain amount. The mirror has a Marie Antoinette (the movie) vibe, it's a handheld mirror and it feels like kids toy haha. 


1 comment :

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.