SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Lime Crime Velvetines Riot ♡ Review + Swatches

Lime Crime Velvetines Riot

Before I start writing my review, I just want to say that I am aware of the Lime Crime controversy and I know that not everyone likes the company; but I can't deny the fact that the Lime Crime Velvetines are one of the best liquid lipsticks formulas I have tried. Therefore, I am reviewing and sharing with you swatches of Lime Crime Velvetines in Riot today, only sharing with you my opinion on the product, not the brand.

Okay, let's start! I am excited to share with you my thoughts on Riot because it is literally one of my most used and top favourites from all the lips products that I own.

Lime Crime Velvetines Riot
Lime Crime Velvetines Riot

Lime Crime Vevletines Matte Liquid Lipstick is cruelty free and vegan and it is described as a liquid formula that dries to a touch-proof velvet finish.

The Velvetines are priced at USD $20.00 each and it is available to buy from the official Lime Crime website or other stockist such as Dolls Kill. To be honest, I haven't purchased anything from the Lime Crime website after news broke that hackers has broken into their system and stolen customer's private details etc... So I have since been buying Lime Crime products from Dolls Kill and sometimes Dolls Kill have amazing sales, plus their shipping services and customer services are excellent, so highly recommended!

Anyway, currently there are over 30 shades available from the Lime Crime Velvetines range and I have tried many of them, but at the moment Riot is my favourite.

Lime Crime Velvetines Riot
Lime Crime Velvetines Riot
Lime Crime Velvetines Riot

The shade Riot as described on the Lime Crime website is a red-brown, on my complexion the color is shown as a medium-brick-red, it's subtle, not too dark, nor too bright. Usually I would be too shy to wear any kind of red shades to work, as I feel that it is out of my comfort zone, but Riot and I have this weird connection, I love the color so much that it has made into my everyday wearable lips products list.

 PACKAGING 

Lime Crime Velvetines comes packaged in a frosty plastic tube with a red cap that has roses printed on, the packaging doesn't look nor feel cheap, but it doesn't feel luxury either, I have no complaint; and the applicator is one of those smaller version of standard doe-foot applicator, I like that the applicator allows me to apply the liquid lipstick with a precise line and Riot's application was never messy for me.

 SCENT 

One of my favourite thing about the Velvetines is the scent, I love that they smell like vanilla cakes. The smell is very similar to NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and Kylie Liquid Lipsticks.

 TEXTURE / FORMULA 

Lime Crime Velvetines has a thin and watery texture that applies and dries completely matte within seconds. The texture is very lightweight and non drying nor hydrating, the matte formula is very comfortable to wear.

Normally I don't have to touch-up the lip color throughout the day as it is very long wearing, but on days that I ate oily food, I had to re-applied afterwards; and upon second application, the Velvetines stays thin and weightless, and it doesn't turn cakey or looking pasty.

Although Lime Crime did not claim the Velvetines to be water-proof, transfer-proof or kiss-proof, it did say that these are touch-proof, which I assume it is very close to the above mentioned. I find that at first application the Velvetines truely is touch-proof, but as you wear for longer hours, the product starts to transfer on cups and food etc...

I like that Riot does not bleed nor smudge during wear and I especially love that it doesn't smear all over the chin area on days that I eat oily food.

 LONGEVITY 

Lime Crime Velvetines is very pigmented and the longest time Riot lasted on me was seven hours, and the shortest time it worn on me was four hours, that was when I had a pie, a fried chicken and ice cream for lunch. The lip color didn't smear on the chin, nor smudged all over the lips area, but the middle of the lips has faded, leaving a lip liner look.

Lime Crime Velvetines Riot
Lime Crime Velvetines Riot
Lime Crime Velvetines Riot

 OVERALL I absolutely love Lime Crime Velvetines in Riot, I love its' formula, I love the sweet vanilla cake scent and I especially love how comfortable and long wearing it wears. I like that the colour is wearable all year 'round, usually these type of colours is more suitable for winter looks, but it also makes me feel very comfortable during summer.


if judging the product, not the brand
are you a fan of Lime Crime Velvetines too?

5 comments :

  1. It looks really good on you Kay! Red & brownish colors are very IN at the moment. Chanel came out with a beautiful collection.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shade!! I love Lime Crime formula (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lime Crime too. The consistency is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.