SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Beauty Empties May - June 2020 ♡ ft. Rawkanvas, Glow Recipe, First Aid Beauty, Glow Lab, Kylie Skin + More

We are half way through June 2020 and looking at my beauty empties basket, I am impressed with the amount of products I have emptied during May and June.

A lot of these products were mentioned in my "Current Skincare Routine" which I blogged about back in March (click here to read) and it seems that I have to update my skincare routine soon as some products has been replaced.


 RAWKANVAS PURIFYING CLEANSER, in my current skincare routine blog post back in March , I mentioned that this cleanser is really average, apart from the packaging that I love, the cleanser itself does not live up to the hype. It claims to remove makeup, but even when I tried to remove with non-waterproof mascaras, after cleansing, it leaves a dark mascara stain on my eyes, it cannot remove makeup completely and the pump totally sucks. 


 GLOW RECIPE PINEAPPLE-C BRIGHT SERUM, this is probably the only product from Glow Recipe that I like and will always re-purchase! It is a bit expensive, but the packaging is so cute and I love the smell, it reminds me of pineapple dipped in soy sauce haha. This is a product that you have to use for awhile to see results and after using for a couple of months, I start to see less redness and blemishes and my face looks a lot more glowy since using this serum. 


 FIRST AID BEAUTY FACE CLEANSER, I came across a lot of great reviews on this cleanser and I decided to try it myself. I find that it's just okay, I don't like the smell, but I like the texture, it's creamy, and it cleansed very well without over drying. 


 TOO FACED COOLING MATTE SKIN PERFECTING PRIMER, I can't remember how many times I have mentioned this primer on my blog, but this is my absolute favourite primer of all time and I cannot recommend this enough for people with oily skin. 


 ETUDE HOUSE FACE LIQUID BLUR HAPPY WITH PIGLET EDITION, similar to Etude House's Face Blur, this one has a liquid texture and I like that it brightens up my complexion and make my face looks smoother. 


 URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER HONEY EDITION, the honey one is a limited edition scent and it's currently not available to purchase, but this is no doubt my all time favourite setting spray! Honey, normal or whatever scent.


 BIORE CHARCOAL PORE MINIMISER, I am a big fan of the Biore Charcoal Cleanser and I thought I should give the other products in the same range a try. I quite like this exfoliator, it's not harsh on the skin and I like the design of the bottle and the pump, but I haven't seen much difference with my pores. 


 GLOW LAB GEL CLEANSER, I want to try out more NZ Made skincare brands and I have tried Glow Lab a couple of times now. I think their cleansers are average, but I will always re-purchase because it's affordable, easy to buy and non of their cleansers I have tried feels harsh on my skin. The only thing that puts me off from this brand is probably their scent, their products smells too floral and the scent is a bit strong for my liking.


 ONLY GOOD AWAKEN BODY WASH, this is another NZ Made skincare brand that can be purchased from the supermarket and I bought this one because it was labeled as "limited edition", I later find out that it's limited edition only because of the art paper wrap on the packaging.... LOL! Anyway, I really like the mixture of orange and ginger scent and I don't mind to re-purchase.


 KYLIE SKIN VANILLA MILK TONER, this is one of my favourite products from Kylie Skin and if I get a chance, I would definitely re-purchase! (I haven't done any overseas online shopping since the lockdown). I like the milky texture of this toner and I love that it leaves my skin feeling so soft.


 HOLIKA HOLIKA SWEET COTTON PORE COVER BB, this used to be my most reached for face product and I am only half way through the tube, but because I've had this for years, I decided to throw it out and maybe buy a new one. I love that it's a BB cream, but it has almost full coverage and it doesn't feel heavy or gives you that cake face look. It's oily skin friendly and I love that it has a long wearing time.


 CAUDALIE INSTANT DETOX MASK, this is a sample sized from one of those Caudalie Holiday Skincare Sets and I was really impressed with the amount of dirt and oil it draws out from my skin. The mask completely dries within 15 minutes and after application, my face feels soft and clean. The result is pretty amazing, but I find that every time I use this mask, I get giant pimples and I am one of those people that hardly gets pimples, unless if it's that time of the month.

Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.