SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Beauty Empties Mar - Apr 2020 ♡ ft. The Ordinary, Caudalie, IT Cosmetics, Maybelline, Heroine Make, YSL, Byredo + More!

It's that time of the month again!

Today I am sharing with you beauty products that I have emptied during March and April 2020.


Looking at my beauty empties basket, a few of these products are old empties that I never got around to blog about, there are also some super old products that I should have thrown away long ago like mascaras and eyeliners.

I haven't emptied a lot of products this month due to the lockdown, I just don't find it necessary to wear makeup everyday when working from home, but I have been really into my skincare and I did finished a few products that I have always raved about, so that's something I look forward to sharing with you.


 THE ORDINARY ALPHA ARBUTIN 2% + HA, I never thought that I would empty this so soon, especially when I made a claim on my Instagram that it's such an overrated product not long ago haha. I bought this around November last year while shopping with my best friend, she was looking at some The Ordinary products and I thought, oh, I've heard a lot about this brand, but never tried it myself and I wanted to see what is all the raves about. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA claims that it will help with uneven skin tone and dark spots, I initially bought it to use on my legs as I have a lot of dark mosquito bites spots *insert laughing with tears emoji*, but that didn't work hahahaha. Then I started using it on my face, I added this into my morning skincare routines and I find that it has visibly improved the pigmentation of my skin and my face looks so much clearer now.


 CAUDALIE BEAUTY ELIXIR, this has been mentioned several times on my blog, it's my absolute favourite and I cannot live without it! Currently I am using the standard size which is 100ml, but I much preferred the mini size that is 30ml as it is easier to carry around. I love using the beauty elixir in the morning, it totally wakes me up, brighten my complexion and it makes my makeup last longer.


 IT COSMETICS CONFIDENCE IN A CREAM MOISTURIZER, this is the best moisturiser to use at night time! I have purchased this several times and I have also tried to replace it with something cheaper, but so far this it is irreplaceable to me. I love that the texture is thick, it's creamy, the product absorbs quickly and at the same time it locks in the moisture, so when I wake up in the morning, my face feels moisturised, but not oily. I don't like using this in the day time as it feels too heavy for my oily skin.


 MAC LIP SCRUBTIOUS - SUMMER BERRY, this is one of my favourite lip scrub, I have tried Summer Berry, Brown Sugar and Candied Nectar and I love them all. This ones different to other regular lip scrubs I have tried, it has a layer of shea butter on top of the scrub that leaves your lips scrub and moisturised at the same time. I love it and I would re-purchase, but I love the Lush Lip Scrub just as much and that one is cheaper than MAC.


 MAYBELLINE TATTOO BROW GEL TINT - DARK BROWN, I have used this up and re-purchased another already. I am a big fan of these eyebrow gel tint and the best one I have tried so far, is from Maybelline. I reviewed this product last year, click here to check it out.


 HEROINE MAKE LONG AND CURL MASCARA, I tell you THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA IF YOU HAVE SHORT AND STRAIGHT EYELASHES THAT WON'T STAY CURL. Sorry for all caps but I just had to. I've had this mascara for a very long time and the texture is a bit thick and dried out now, I haven't got around to re-purchase another, so right now I am using other ones from Maybelline, which seriously cannot compare. My eyelashes are short and straight and I have tried several mascaras that claims to lift the lashes, also mascara curler that claims are made especially for Asian eyes and non seem to really lift my lashes and hold the curls and if they do hold the curls, it either doesn't last long or they smudges like crazy. Heroine Make is the BEST, BEST, BEST! and the only mascara that can hold my curls for long hours and I am talking more than 10 hours wear with no smudges. The only thing I don't really like is the removable, it's very waterproof and it's not that easy to remove.

 HEROINE MAKE SMOOTH LIQUID EYELINER, for this one I had very high expectation because I swear by the mascara and I just automatically assume the eyeliner is as good. Unfortunately I had only used this twice and I just can't stand it. This eyeliner feather so badly and whenever I use, it just smudged.


 TOO FACED BETTER THAN SEX LIQUID EYELINER, I wasn't a fan of this eyeliner initially, but then I fell in love with it until the brush decides to mess up... with that said, I would still re-purchase this eyeliner because it's long wearing, it doesn't smear, it's easy to draw the thin line and it's sort of a replacement for my KVD Tattoo Liner.


 COLOURPOP BROW BOSS - DARK BROWN, I have talked about and recommended this brow product so many times on my blog, it's the best for natural brows and I love it.

 FENTY BEAUTY BROW MVP - BLACK-BROWN, Brow MVP gives a stronger brow look compared to the ColourPop Brow Boss and it has become a favourite also. I love both equally and when one of them runs out, the other comes in handy. I especially love the brush on the other end, compared to the spoolie on the Brow Boss.


 GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD CLEARING TREATMENT, I am currently testing out some masks from Peter Thomas Roth which I will review soon, but it only made me realised how amazing GlamGlow's masks are when I have tried others from different brand. With GlamGlow, I can see instant results, they are easy to remove and while on my skin I can feel that the mask is actually working. The Supermud Clearing Treatment isn't as tight and tingly on my skin as other claims, but my skin feels softer and clean after each use. This is the mini size and it last me up to five uses of full face application.


 YSL FUSION INK FOUNDATION - B20, this is actually quite an old foundation that I have emptied ages ago, I have re-purchased this foundation twice and it's one of my all time favourite. This is one of the best I have tried for oily skin, it's medium to full coverage, but it feels lightweight and it's long-wearing.


 LIVING PROOF PERFECT HAIR DAY CONDITIONER, I received a sample of this in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop box and I like it, but I don't like it enough to want to repurchase. I don't really fuss about my hair or use expensive products on my hair.


 BYREDO BAL D'AFRIQUE PERFUME SAMPLE, I received a sample of this perfume from one of my online purchases from Mecca, at first I couldn't really stand the smell, but then I kind of got used to it, the scent is definitely very unique.

Post a Comment

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.