SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dolly Wink Eyeshadow ♡ [Pink Brown 02] Review

This is a long over-due review image ~ I have been wanting to do this review since I got this eyeshadow months ago, but I have forgotten about it until now. Anyways, I am totally excited to review this as its my first ever Dolly Wink product!
Dolly Wink is famous for their false eyelashes, produced by the cutie Tsubasa Masuwaka

Months ago when I first discovered the new Japanese store in the Albany mall (I swear, I am obsessed with that shop), I found some Dolly Wink products which I end up buying the Dolly Wink Eyeshadow in Pink Brown 02. I wish I have bought all the Dolly Wink products but the brand is totally expensive (in my opinion), actually, anything is expensive once it gets to New Zealand. The Dolly Wink eyeshadow cost $35.00 NZD.
image
 PACKAGING & DESIGN
The eyeshadow comes in an adorable baby pink packaging with a daisy flower design. The eyeshadow itself is in a brown color round shape container with a see-through cut-out heart shape which let you see a little bit of the colors without having to fully open the eyeshadow palette. On the cut-out heart shape it's got "Dolly Wink" printed on it. The packaging is totally kawaii ~~

 APPLICATORThe Dolly Wink eyeshadow comes with a mini applicator which is useless image. The mini eyeshadow sponge applicator has double heads, one with a bigger sponge and another with a tiny sponge, the plastic thing in the middle is way too small to hold properly, maybe it's just me. Omg I don't know how to explain it but I am just not feeling the applicator.
 EYESHADOW COLOR
Dolly Wink Eyeshadow in Pink Brown 02 comes in four colors: baby pink, beige, light brown and dark brown. In all colors it has some glitter which makes them very shimmery when apply on skin. Both baby pink and beige are not as pigmented but a little goes a long way for both light brown and brown.
I tried for a 'gyaru' makeup look (without colorful contacts, im allergic to contacts lens  >.<) and this (below pic) is what I end up with ~ If I had known that it's so shimmery I probably would have think twice about buying it because shimmery does not go very well with oily skin ~
 OVERALL RATING - LIKE & DISLIKE
- I love the super kawaii girly packaging
- I love the colors
- I love that the palette is nice and handy
- I dislike the shimmery-ish on oily skin
- I dislike the useless applicator
- Overall rating: 4/5
 

3 comments :

  1. Love the review! I love hearing about dollywink, it makes me want to purchase a lot of their items!

    Evelyn<3
    simplybeautyxd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh~ I just did a review on this product as well but for the brown palette!
    This palette has such a nice pink instead of the useless creamy colour in the one I bought >.< I love the eye makeup that you have here and it must be annoying being allergic to contacts :(

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your eye make-up here^_^
    Dollywink products are always so cute,
    but I have yet to purchase any.
    Definitely on my to-do list though(:
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.